Monday, November 30, 2009

I thought I would share my version of cranberry sauce with my readers. It's so delicious you can add it to your meat, put it on top of salads or add it to sour cream or plain yogurt for a creamy version. Take two bags of cranberries in 1 1/2 cup water and boil it down, then at the very end add 1/4 cup splenda. That's it!
Speaking of cranberries, I can eat them raw with a little sprinkle of salt or splenda. I have always liked sour fruits but for those of you who haven't ventured beyond apples and oranges and want to start being adventurous, pomegranates may be a better start. The pomegranate is cultivated through parts of the world such as Pakistan, Iran and Armenia. This fruit is a good source of potassium, vitamin B5 and antioxidants. Score the fruit with a knife and cut it open. At this point you will see sections of the fruit covered with a thin membrane. Peel this skin, separate the seed casings and eat them. You can also freeze the entire fruit so when you find it on sale, get a whole bunch and freeze them. I eat them by themselves, put them in my salads, and protein shakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment