Sunday, March 7, 2010

Workout of the day




First night on the mountain at 9000 ft was rough. I woke up in the middle of the night and found my heart beating really fast. At least I wasn't throwing up which is one of the symptoms of altitude sickness. I thought my workout in the early morning hours was tough. My heart rate was around 170/min. But compared to the snow shoeing later in the day my first workout was a walk in the park. Eco-adventures in Telluride offers many outdoor activities. Ice climbing, snow shoeing and helli-skiing are a few of the adventures that are offered. I chose the snow shoeing this morning. We went up the mountain around 10 am and were back by 2 pm. I sank in the snow waist deep at times because of the snow fall we had the night before. It was too cold for me take my gloves off and get my camera out. My toes were cold too, but other than that it was a beautiful adventure. The snow shoeing was around elevation 11,000 ft.
If none of this makes any sense it's because of the lack of oxygen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment