Friday, January 22, 2010

A Disturbing Sight at a Local Restaurant

Last night my husband and I were eating at a local restaurant and as I casually looked around our area in the vicinity of where we were seated, I could not find anyone who was slightly over weight. Everyone was morbidly obese! Not just a little overweight but OBESE!

Soon four adults came and sat at a nearby table. All four were quite obese. But at first I thought there was hope since they all ordered salads. When the salads arrived I noticed that they were drowned in various dressings, in fact I could not detect the color of a lettuce leaf or a piece of tomato. (Try to have some salad with your dressing). They also managed to consume vast amounts of white bread which smelled good and I am sure was quite flaky, with their so called salads.

I forgot to mention they had three kids with them who had ordered chicken nuggets and french fries. Much of these fries and nuggets were eaten by the adults.

A few minutes later their steaks arrived. It appeared that each plate had a 12 oz steak (serving for 3-4 people) with a giant baked potato with all the 'fixins'.

I am just guessing but that is probably a 1200 to 1500 calorie dinner.

The slightly over weight children looked like they were on their way to become obese adults.

We left before their desserts arrived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment