Monday, January 4, 2010

... How Do I order at a Restaurant?



So if you did not read my previous blog, I'll get you caught up.

1. Yes I do eat at restaurants, but rarely do I order exactly from the menu.

2. I take a piece of fruit with me, previously cut, and I enjoy it with my wine.
So what is in my second Ziplock bag? Dark leafy green veggies. If you have noticed most salads at various restaurants have tomotoes, maybe some cheese, some carrots. What they really lack is the presence of 'dark leaves'. Most will contain iceberg lettuce, a little bit of romaine, and perhaps a couple of leaves of spring mix or spinach.
My Ziplock bag typically contains spinach, maybe a little kale and a few carrot sticks and any other favorite veggie. And there you have it, you can doctor up any salad and make it alot healthier.
If you want to go to a salad bar, great. But pay attention to the following, otherwise you might as well eat a burger and fries with a large chocolate shake on the side.
1. Choices such as creamy pasta and potato salad DO NOT COUNT AS HEALTHY INGRDIENTS FOR A SALAD.
2. Containers of salad dressing that threaten to drown your vegetables
3. Beans swimming in an unknown, colorless but slightly sweet dressing
4. Huge toasted croutons









0 comments:

Post a Comment