Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Using cables for bicep work

In this section I want to show you a couple of biceps exercises using only the cables. I'm a big fan of the cables at the gym because they are very versatile and just by changing your body position and hand position you can hit a different part of that muscle group.

In the first image you face the cable, make sure your elbow is tucked in and against your side, you can either bend or stand straight, actually you will feel a slight difference in the contraction of your biceps in the two different positions.


Biceps with cables I


The second image shows standing almost at right angles to the cable, again your elbow is tight against you so that you are not moving your shoulder joint or your elbow. Your arm should be to your side. Putting the other arm behind me helps me not to swing and be more stable.




More biceps exercises will be added in this section.

0 comments:

Post a Comment