Thursday, February 25, 2010

Now to That Peanut Sauce


Mark Bittman in his book, 'How to cook everything' has a number of variations of peanut sauce. I made a few changes to one of them just to make it easier on me. This sauce is so versatile; it makes a great salad dressing, a wonderful dipping sauce for veggies and a healthy delicious topping for crackers. My recipes are never exact (If they were,I'd be able to bake) so this is an approximation and you can make it spicier if you like.


I used 3 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter (I'm a Jiff mom) - please don't use the reduced fat one. If you are going to have peanut butter, have the real thing.


OK so for every 3 tbs of peanut butter, I used:

1. 1 tsp of cayenne pepper

2. 1 tsp of chili pepper or flakes

3. 1 tsp of cumin

4. enough lemon juice to make a creamy paste. You can add more lemon juice if you want a thinner consistency.


DONE!
New try: sliced cucumbers topped with peanut sauce

0 comments:

Post a Comment