Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Favorite Two Myths About Nutrition

1. All carbohydrates will make me fat... not true!  Stay away from  white rice, all kinds of pasta even the cute elbow shaped ones!! and any kind of packaged food, especially the ones that claim they are healthy for you!! Fruit will not make you fat- if you are eating more than you need, any kind of calorie will be stored as fat.  But no one ever said: ' My butt is getting big, I need to cut down on those apples'.

2. Having high protein shakes will make me lean.  What will make you lean is consistent exercise, and clean eating, no and I mean NO junk food.  Whether the junk food is rice crackers or chips.  If you are eating too many calories, a high protein shake is just another method to put on more weight.

Now my two cents:

Eat clean (healthy) and exercise as intensely as you can... always push yourself.  While you are exercising you can do the talk test: if you can talk with difficulty, then you are in a great calorie burning zone.


And remember for a pound to be lost, you need to burn 3500 calories!  So next time, you want to get a frappe or some other treat after exercising, think hard about it.  Do not eat because you are bored, don't eat to celebrate and don't eat because you are sad.  EAT WHEN YOU NEED FUEL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment