Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A fantastic high energy workout with cardio incorporated!

I know, I know, I haven't blogged in a few weeks... well OK maybe more than that.  Now that I'm done teaching for the semester I can blog more.  So going to the gym today was such a chore, I didn't want to do a long cardio: for me a long cardio is anything longer than an hour.  I knew I wanted to do burpees (or had to do them!) but didn't want to do a whole lot in a row so I came up with several circuits, each circuit has burpees but not all at the same time.  I call these circuits ten to one and you'll see why!

First circuit: shoulders: 10 reps shoulder press, then 10 reps bentover lateral raises, and then three burpees, yes just 3.  The second set is 9 shoulder presses, and 9 bentover lateral raises and then three burpees.  The third set is 8 and so on... all the way to one.  The only constant thing is the 3 burpees each time. Nice huh?

Second circuit: triceps: 10 triceps pulldowns, 10 dips, 3 burpees.... all the way to one.

Third circuit: biceps: 10 lateral curls, 10 hammer curls (half-supinated forearms), 3 burpees... yup all the way to one.

Fourth circuit: 10 bentover rows using a bar, 10 any other kind of back exercise (I used a pull-down rope) and three burpees... down to one.

At the end, I did 20 burpees, using one arm to go down, kick out but no pushup.  If this makes any sense.  This exercise is a great shoulder exercise and it is not any easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment