Thursday, July 29, 2010

Try Ground Turkey Instead of Ground Meat Next Time

I'm making tacos for my family tonight.  I have rarely (probably once) made taco meat out of ground meat.  Too many calories and too much fat.  I typically purchase ground turkey breast and cook it in olive oil, plain yogurt, a can of diced tomatoes and half a cup of tomato relish. As far as spices I like it pretty spicy so I add chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin and curry powder. 

Also on a totally different note, if you are looking for an iced tea that is low in sugar try to find and buy 'Honest Tea' brand.  With out of doubt very delicious and very low in sugar.  Coca cola wants to buy the company which is never a good thing.  HEB does not carry this brand but Whole Foods does.  You can also order it online.

0 comments:

Post a Comment