Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Delicious Stew Meat, Broccoli and Eggplant Dish

If you have not tried grass-fed beef, it is time!  So delicious and lean and it cooks in no time.  Here was the problem though... I had ran out of olive oil and didn't know it.  So how did I cook the meat, on stove top?  I first sprayed my pan with Pam then added a can of Rotel with green chilis, and a couple of tablespoons of tangerine infused balsamic vinegar that I had purchased at the Waco Sustainable Food Festival two weeks ago.  They have added a little bit of sugar to the vinegar therefore, it is really good to cook with.  In a separate pan, I cooked an eggplant (to keep the vitamins intact don't peel the skin), again in some Rotel and a table spoon of the vinegar.




Once the egg plant was tender, I added it to the meat, threw in some broccoli florets and covered the pan so the broccoli would become a little tender.  I served the meat/eggplant/broccoli mixture on a bed of shredded cabbage.  YUM!

Bottom line: You don't necessarily have to cook meat with olive oil or any kind of oil for that matter - you can add Rotel like I did here, salsa, or tomato sauce.  To make the meat more tender, add a splash of lime juice.

Also please check out this website http://ulljas.ning.com/ to order delicious, local, grass-fed beef, cage-free organic eggs, fantastic salsa, plus a lot more...

0 comments:

Post a Comment