Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baked Egg whites for The Week And A Home Grown Salad

If you want to have baked egg whites to have for breakfast with either spinach and other veggies or just by itself  like I made today (splenda and cinnamon were added). Just take an oven-safe dish and spray with Pam.  Then pour in the egg white mixture into the dish and bake for about 45 minutes on 400.  How easy is that? It is a delicious meal warm and it is good cold out of the fridge.

I slice it up like a pizza and I can have one or two slices every morning.  Try it, it's really good.  You can also bake it in a single serving dish for one meal.  Picture will be up loaded soon...


So I have started my fall garden and have planted cabbage, spinach, lettuce, sweet basil (still growing from last year), mixed greens, squash and broccoli.  I'm so excited and thrilled to be eating locally and organically.
Here is a picture of a bed of greens for my salad for lunch.  It has Malabar spinach, tender cabbage leaves and sweet basil.





Then  I added feta cheese that I had purchased from the Waco Sustainable Food Movement, carrots, celery cuts, peach slices and albacore tuna.  Wow!  You can build your fitness pyramid (aka salad) from your greens and other veggies then add your protein of choice.  Eating healthy takes only minutes every day.





Oh yea,  I also have little leaves of red swiss chard coming up in my garden.  I added a couple of baby leaves to my salad.

Plant your veggies in a garden, if you don't have one, get familiar with produce at your local grocery store.  All you need for your favorite salad to be complete is your choice of protein. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment