Monday, October 11, 2010

High Protein Bread with Cranberries

When I see cranberries in the stores this time of year, I can't stop myself from stuffing my freezer with bags of them.  Sometimes I cook them down and add a little splenda to make my own jam (or jelly)- this is really good on Wasa bread or my high protein bread.  Other times I eat them raw with salt.  Oh they are so good this way, chock full of antioxidants and very low in sugar and calories.  But the other day, I put them in my protein bread and here is that recipe (all the breads have a variation of protein powder)

6-7 scoops of protein powder- chocolate or cookies and cream or vanilla
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup gluten
1/4 cup wheat bran
2 tablespoons of instant coffee or a packet of Via (Starbucks)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
A splash of vanilla extract
A pinch of cardamon
1/2 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 pear chopped
A handful of chopped walnuts

Add water and bring to a cake batter consistency and then bake in a shallow dish, uncovered at 400 for 30 minutes.  I love the cranberries in this bread!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment