Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Fruit Filled Low Carb Tortilla for A Delicious Snack



A quick fruit and cream cheese-filled low carb tortilla is takes seconds to put together and is a light and healthy snack.  I like to use the low carb tortillas from the La Tortilla Factory product line.  HEB has them here in town.  The ones I purchase have each 50 calories with 10 grams of carbohydrate and 7 grams of fiber (so net carb is only 3 grams).  They are really delicious.  I smear regular or low-fat cream cheese (or you can use cottage cheese) on the tortilla, then fill it up with frozen or fresh berries, my favorite is blackberries.  Then I sprinkle the whole thing with a few walnuts.  That's it.  So creamy, fruity and crunchy all at the same time and it's not even a granola bar.  And you know what I think about granola bars!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment