Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Veggie delight with Tuna in Minutes




Here is what I prepared last night for dinner.  I had the following ingredients: celery, cabbage, spinach, green beans, jalapeno peppers and tuna.  I was a little chilly but as always determined to have a healthy and clean meal.  I sauteed cut celery and its leaves (the leaves are very tender and delicious), cut green beans, cabbage, spinach and peppers in a little olive oil and 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (I could eat these chunky tomatoes out of the can!!)- then mixed in about 4 ounces of tuna.  The entire dish was ready in 15 minutes.

If you have veggies in the fridge and some type of protein, you can also put together something like this, very healthy in a matter of minutes.  If your family prefers some bread.  You can easily make a fabulous sandwich out of this.  The sandwich goes very well with a little cup of lentil soup on the side. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment