Monday, February 8, 2010

My workout partner made me do it!

So I don't know where she got this killer list, but my workout partner had all these exercises mostly in groups of three that you do in 20 or 30 minutes. Each exercise has a certain number of reps assigned to it and you just go through the 3 exercises counting the reps for each until you get to either 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Most are compound exercises that involve more than one body part and joint. The key is NO REST. And of course no talking!




Last week I tried these 20 minute exercises.

pullups 6 reps
pushups 12 reps
squats with 15 lb dumbbells 30 reps

remember that you need to focus on the exercise and count, move on, and get to 20 minutes.

The second one I did last week:

decline pushups 15 reps
triceps extensions using the cable 15 reps
jump squats 30 reps

Today I did a 30 minutes routine:

T-pushups 15 reps
One-legged squats 15 reps each side
Dips 10 reps

The 30 minute one was really brutal. I finished off this section with 15 minutes of lower body machines. You can pretty much come up with all kinds of combinations, they just need to be exercises that are not too easy for 12-15 reps. I always like to throw in a lower body exercise with 2 upper body ones. Including a calisthenic exercise will make it especially challenging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment