Monday, January 2, 2012

What to do with left over sparkling wine

No matter how much you drink on New Year's Eve, chances are that you will have a little, some, or a lot of sparkling wine left over. So here is what I did. 

I had about 1/2 cup left and you know how much I love cooked veggies, so I simmered some broccoli, black-eyed peas and kale in a tablespoon of olive oil and the left over sparkling wine with a tiny bit of cumin and pepper. I let it all cook for about 15 minutes--- it was absolutely delicious. 

You can try this with white wine too but my sparkling wine was a little on the sweet side and perfect for cooking veggies.  So go ahead and try it with left over white wine or sparkling wine.



And don't forget your abs are made in the kitchen not at the gym.

0 comments:

Post a Comment